Each ANZSSA member by right of their membership is automatically affiliated with the Regional Group appropriate to their institution and/or geographical location. Each Regional Group has a convenor whose role includes fostering professional development activities and communication between members of the professional community in that region. ANZSSA members are strongly encouraged to engage with regional activities, and convenors welcome suggestions for appropriate professional development.
Existing Regional Groups are:
Role of the Regional Convenor
- To be the primary contact person for business relating to ANZSSA activity in your region for both the ANZSSA Executive and ANZSSA members
- To coordinate local professional development and networking opportunities for members within your region; minimum of two activities per annum
- To promote ANZSSA membership to tertiary providers and their staff within your region
- To be responsible for reporting activity to ANZSSA
Opportunities for promotion of the regional activities
- ANZSSA website
- ANZSSA Newsletter
- Social media – LinkedIn, Twitter
Support for regional convenors
- Recognition and endorsement by ANZSSA – an organisation with global support
- The ability to contribute strategically to the future directions of ANZSSA
- A position on the ANZSSA Advisory Council
- Access to a network of professionals across Australia and New Zealand
- The ability to build a network of student services professionals in your region
- Access to ANZSSA funding to contribute to regional networking or professional development activities.
- Access to ANZSSA’s suite of social media and digital promotional tools to assist in building a regional network and communicate with members
Funding for regional activities
An application for funding to support regional activities must be submitted at least 60 days before the event is scheduled. For further information download the Professional Development Proposal Request Form.